ENROLLING FOR THE 2023-2024 SCHOOL YEAR!
Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 is a statewide tuition-free, K-10 online public school serving students in the state of Idaho. We look forward to welcoming your student to our online school community!
HAVE A QUESTION?
Call: (208) 242-2074
To begin the enrollment process, please create an account on our enrollment portal and complete the online registration application.
Once we receive the enrollment application, along with all required admissions documents and verification, your student will be enrolled in our school. Upon admission, additional registration materials will be collected. If you need help, a member of our enrollment team is here to support you through this process.
If you have any questions about enrollment, please call (208) 242-2074 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 is committed to providing a working and learning environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment. Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 prohibits discrimination and harassment based on an individual’s sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth,h or related medical condition); ethnicity (such as race, color, national origin, and ancestry); religion; disability (mental or physical or reasonable accommodation); age; marital status; or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance or regulation.
The school adheres to all provisions of federal law related to students with disabilities, including, but not limited to, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (“ADA”), and the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004 (“IDEA”).
Students must reside in the state of Idaho to be eligible for enrollment.
Age eligibility per Idaho Education Code is as follows:
Must be age 5 by September 1st of the current school year.
PROOF OF STUDENT IDENTITY & GUARDIANSHIP: Copy of your child’s birth certificate (official or hospital-issued) showing the child’s legal name, place and date of birth, and legal guardian(s). If the birth certificate is not available, your alternate option is a combination of Proof of Guardianship (court documentation) and Proof of Identity (child’s passport or birth affidavit).
PROOF OF RESIDENCY: Documentation that proves the residency of the student and his/her primary parent/legal guardian. When the child lives with the legal guardian and the proof of residency documentation is in the legal guardian’s name any one of these documents is accepted. If you are unable to provide any of the below documents, contact the school office.
• Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, or sewer); Resident name and property address must appear on the bill; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment. Please note that disconnect notices, final bill statements, and billing envelopes are not accepted.
• Mortgage Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment.
• Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies the start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor (typically this is the first and last pages of the agreement).
• Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement.
• Pay Stub that includes employer name and address; also, must have guardian’s name, and address, and be dated.
• Bank Statement; must show Legal Guardian’s name, and current physical address and be dated within 30 days
• Active Military Orders; must show Legal Guardian’s name and current physical address
• An Affidavit of Residency must be completed in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public must sign and seal the affidavit within 30 days of the registration forms being submitted, and the original, hard copy affidavit must be submitted.
Idaho Code (39-4801) requires that children meet immunization requirements to attend school in Idaho. Whenever children are in group settings, there is a potential for the spread of infectious diseases. To enter or transfer into public or private preschool through grades 12 in Idaho, parents must provide documentation that meets school immunization requirements. This includes an immunization record that documents all school-required vaccines have been received or an exemption from Idaho school immunization requirements (39- 4802). This documentation is required at registration and before attendance.
Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 does not discriminate based on disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ancestry, need for special education services, or any other grounds prohibited by law. Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 serves students with disabilities and English Learners and provides services to students as required by state and federal law. In most cases, the services required by a student with disabilities can be provided at Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91. In some cases, a student’s individual needs require that they be placed at different program or location as determined by an IEP or Section 504 team.
What does it cost TO ENROLL?
Virtual Preparatory Academy of Idaho at D91 is a public school, therefore there is no tuition associated with enrollment. However, any cost associated with field trips and extracurricular activities is the parent’s responsibility.
WHAT GRADES ARE OFFERED BY THE SCHOOL?
We serve grades K-10.
WHAT SUBJECTS WILL MY CHILD TAKE?
We offer traditional core and elective course options depending on the grade level.
WILL MY STUDENT HAVE AN IDAHO-CREDENTIALED TEACHER?
Yes. Our teachers hold current Idaho teaching credentials.
DOES THE SCHOOL SUPPLY COURSE MATERIALS?
The school offers the opportunity for each family to request a loaned computer at no expense. Elementary students receive a workbook, but most course materials are digital and accessed online.
CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE ACCELERATED LEARNERS OR STUDENTS IDENTIFIED AS GIFTED?
The very nature of an online program can allow for acceleration. Our individualized approach allows teachers to assess students to find their challenge points in the elementary grades.
Please fill out this form to receive more information!